Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pinterest #6

Here it is! My dress that I started for Christmas and was going to finish for Valentines.




                                             This is the dress that was my sewing inspiration from Pinterest.

                             
                                                                                             source

Did you catch that "was" in the opening sentence?  I'm not going to finish it because I have a problem. I'm just not a dress girl, I like separates. I thought maybe this would be the dress to change all that and in the beginning it was but the farther I sewed along the more dissatisfied I got. The more times I tried it on I knew it would be a dress I wore only once because I had too and then it would hang in my closet. 
It's fate now..it will be torn apart to make something I'll actually wear.




Even looking at it on the dress form I still think its such a lovely dress with all its polka- dotness

This is the pattern I used.




It's been a bit of a tough week with some feet dragging moments however this latest sort of fail did have me learn a lot of sewing techniques I've never done before. Waist stays, side zipper placement and a horsehair braid sewn into the hem, definitely made this a teaching dress and that's a good thing. The new challenge now is making something wearable with what little fabric I have left. :(

5 comments:

  1. omigosh! this is beautiful! you'd so be able to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thanks! But there was just that something and I've already got one dress hanging in the closet that also has a something. I didn't want to repeat again.

      Delete
  2. It is absolutely gorgeous!!! As much as that is the case though, if you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it. I get that big time.

    I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a rough week. I hope that it transitions into a much smoother weekend and that you and your family are able to enjoy a lovely Valentine's celebration.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you know how it is, high expectations for something and then it's just not there. I'm over it now and on to redesigning in my head. It's half the fun for me anyway. Have a lovely Valentines and Family Day!

      Delete
  3. I feel the same way about always preferring separates to dresses! I feel like dresses are so restrictive because they dominate your whole outfit, more often than not. And the fit has to be so precise to look nice. It's a shame you went to all this effort to not like the end result though - here's hoping you can break the parts down into a skirt at least! CC x

    ReplyDelete