Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day tripping.

Spring has sprung! So my handsome husband and I decided to join the rest of the crowd and go for a Sunday drive.

Our first stop was to visit the shores of Lake Huron. We seem to take for granted this lake of ours. It is only a 5 minute drive from home and yet our visits to the lake are few. This year I think I'll take advantage for not only a dip but long walks along its sandy shores.



Our next stop was to see the migrating Tundra Swans. They stop in this area outside of Grand Bend every year. I think we were lucky and just caught the last few stragglers.



Our last stop is one of my favourite places to browse around, Cottage Treasures in Thedford. I know I've mentioned this place before but this time I asked if I could take pictures. It's owned by Jan and Bordecki and she was tinkled pink that I'd want to take a few shots.

This store has anything and everything. Tools, sewing, games, old pictures, vintage christmas decorations, hats, kitchen wares and toys.



My hair is trying to channel my inner Mille.



 Did I mention they've got a few books too?



So what did I find? Cherry fabric and the perfect daisy pin to go with my Easter outfit.:)




1 comment:

  1. Your take home treasures from that day are absolutely charming!!! I love a great vintage daisy brooch and that fabric? Well, needless to say, it turned my knees to about the constancy of cherry pie filling! :)

    Big hugs from the West Coast & many thanks for your splendidly nice comment on this week's outfit post,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete