Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Oh Canada!

For us, Canada Day is the beginning of our summer. And although this summer we have nothing overly exciting planned, I'm hoping we can still get in some summer fun. Normally I like to start our summer with a Canada Day picnic, but I soon realized that Roger will be working, so we are postponing our picnic for a few days until we go camping!!

I do however think I may treat myself to a Canada Day Breakfast.



A couple of weeks ago I had the honour of speaking to a Ladies Group on thrifty ways to entertain outside. So I thought I'd share a few ideas. I used my habitat chairs to start with, and an old card table. The tea set came from a thrift store and I made some pillow covers from some scraps (except for the red stripe it was new) All very,very inexpensive.


Everything together is just sort of pretty, and its ok if it breaks, not that I want it too. It will make my breakfast special to use this tea set, and it would be my own little celebration to a great holiday, till we can celebrate together.


  I hope everyone has a safe and great day! Happy Canada Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment