Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

To the Lake it Goes.

    Before this little one went home to spend its days at the lake I'd thought I'd show it too you, so I snapped some pictures with my phone.


Its so darn cute, with some great family history behind it, meaning it was built long ago. It would make a great front door entry piece, nightstand or just about anywhere you need a little something.

Since its going to a lakeside cottage the owner wanted blues.


I distressed the solid blue and did a blue wash over the doors and drawer. It is missing its other door knob, but thats ok. I painted the inside solid blue too, so if its not found or replaced, baskets will fit nicely inside with the doors removed.



I gave the top a light sanding and stained it with a dark stain. The woodgrain shows up beautifully.


The side got the same wash treatment. Then I sealed the whole thing with polyurethane.

I really liked this little one and I think I'll be taking some measurements for future projects.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment