Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

A Good thing.

A long, long time ago and what seems to be a galaxy far, far away, I took a chair I have to an upholster. I was trying to do it myself but I got frustrated and had a bit of a fit. I made a call and delivered said chair this past October to an upholster.


This is it. My sad little looking chair. It has moved from home to home and room to room. Everyone asking me "Can you please move that chair somewhere else".

For 6 months it was gone. I was promised it would be done in a couple of weeks, but as weeks went into months a funny thing happened. I calmly got mad and decided I'd practice upholstery on a few pieces. What I didn't think would happen is that I would like doing it as much as I do.
There is some kind of weird relaxation that takes over as I staple away on a piece. 
I've got a lot to learn yet, but had the chair not been gone so long, I think I would have saved my pennies and had someone else upholster them for me.  Who knows maybe one day I'll feel brave enough to take in someone else's chair or sofa.


This is it now. I think its beautiful and they did a great job, but I'm thankful it took so long because it gave me the push out of the nest I needed.:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment