Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Miss Purple

                                               
                                           
                                               Here is "Miss Purple" now complete.


She was a trial to say the least. Weeks of waiting for supplies. Sewing and then re-sewing. Just a heads up, you really have to like sewing to want to re-upholster a chair. 

I shall remind you at one time she looked like this.


Just nasty, and a challenge. When I decided that I was going to do this chair, I had no idea that it would result in this. She was taken right down to the frame. I had to read and read to find out what the heck I was doing and Youtube videos were a big help during the spring stage.


With all the extras I needed to buy, this chair still came in under a $100. Which is better than the $500 I was quoted to have this chair re-upholstered. That was sight unseen. It may have cost me more since everything on this chair was garbage, except the springs. She is practically brand new, and it makes me happy that she now has a new life in my new little girls room.  :)  


3 comments: