Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A little on the Side.

I've got about 4 projects on the go right now, so I thought I'd add one more on the side. This one was something I wanted to build for me, but I was happy it found a new home and I can always build myself another.
It started life as a door, Just a plain little old door, found at Habitat, that wanted to come home with me.       Then it sat waiting for me to do something to it, so one day we did.

                      We began adding a little of this and a little of that until it looked like this.


Its now patiently waiting for its coat of paint. What we spray painted black was some brass door knobs and some hinges. You'll see why in a minute.




See, it would have looked silly if I had left them all shiny and new looking.


And it has a little seat that we built on the bottom.


It could store some mitts and stuff. In our case I'd love to put dog accessories in there for a quick grab on the way out the door.


And a quick check in the mirror. 

You may notice some extra hooks in the middle that if you sat and put your boots on, it would give you a nice clunk in the head. Since this piece found its new home at The Garden Gate it will be used for display, thus extra hooks.
And those hooks we bought for it, came from Lucan Architectural. I like that store......a lot.

Thats the story of the door, thats now a Hall Tree.
       I like Happy Endings!:)




No comments:

Post a Comment