Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Habitat finds!!


I am a Habitat for Humanity junkie. I have to check it out at least once a week to see what's new, and this little number was one I couldn't pass up. It just needed some lovin'.
I started by stripping the top, the orange just wasn't doing it for me. We then sanded down the whole thing so that primer and paint would stick! From there I stained the top a much darker stain and sealed it. Then I painted it with my much loved colour, Antique White. We kept all the hardware (you'll see some missing in the first picture, I had forgotten to take a picture in my excitement to get started.)
I am hoping that I'll be able to sell some of the treasures I find. It is great quality furniture that just needs some updating. And it would be much less then buying new. 
My daughter claimed this piece for her room as soon as it came through the door. I do have to say it looks great in her room.


1 comment: